Environmental Sustainability 環境永續
- Does your university report its carbon emissions in line with the GHG Protocol Corporate Standard or another commonly used standard?
Attached is the 2020 Greenhouse Gas Reporting Certificate.
Environmental Education 環境教育
- Do you offer courses that teach specifically on climate science and/or environmental sustainability?
Attached are (1) the Climate science and environmental sustainability courses of NTNU, (2) the Department of Geography Curriculum Framework, (3) the Environmental Monitoring and Disaster Prevention Program Curriculum Framework, (4) the Curriculum Framework of the Graduate Institute of Environmental Management & Environmental Education, (5) the Department of Earth Science Curriculum Framework, and (6) the Curriculum Framework of the Graduate Institute of Green Technology & Sustainable Governance.
- Does your institution have a current Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) policy?
Attached are (1) the NTNU’s Guidelines for Sexual Equality and Inclusion, (2) Regulations for Comprehensive Student Guidance and Counseling, and (3) National Taiwan Normal University Policy for the Prevention of Gender Discrimination, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Bullying.
- Do you offer support services for people with disabilities?
Existence of Disability Support Office.
Attached are (1) the service of the Department of Special Education, (2) the service of Hsin Tien Psychological Counseling Clinic, (3) the service of the Center for Adaptive Sports Development, and (4) the National Taiwan Normal University) Compilation of Workplace Resources for Faculty and Staff with Disabilities.
- Access schemes for people with disabilities such as mentoring or other targeted support.
Attached are (1) National Taiwan Normal University Special Education Student Bachelor’s Degree Program Course Selection Guidance Regulation and (2). the information and services of disabilities and indigenous rights and interests.
- Our university offers on-campus accommodation. We have a reasonable accommodation policy or strategy for people with disabilities, including adequate funding.
Students with disabilities has highest priority to get access into dormitory as described in the Student Dormitory Management Program (link 1) and (2) the National Taiwan Normal University) Compilation of Workplace Resources for Faculty and Staff with Disabilities.
Knowledge Exchange 知識交流
Health and Wellbeing 健康與福祉
- Access to sexual and reproductive health-care services including information and education services.
Attached are (1) Sex Education, (2) Maternal Health Protection, and (3) National Taiwan Normal University Promotes Implementation Plan of Employee Assistance Program.
- Access to mental health support for both staff and students.
The Employee Assistance Area of the website of the Office of Human Resource (link 1) identifies two mental health supports: National Taiwan Normal University Promotes Implementation Plan of Employee Assistance Program (link 2) and Psychological counseling assistance information for faculty and staff of the school (link 3). The Hsin Tien Psychological Counseling Clinic is a great effort of NTNU to support students and faculties’ mental health (link 4).
Good Governance 良好的管理
Good Governance 良好的管理
- Do you have an equality, diversity and inclusion committee, office or officer (or the equivalent) tasked by the administration or governing body to advise on and implement policies, programmes and trainings related to diversity, equity, inclusion and human rights on campus?
- Existence of committee, office or officer.
Attached are (1) Guidelines for the National Taiwan Normal University Gender Equity Education Committee (Chinese), (2) Guidelines for the National Taiwan Normal University Gender Equity Education Committee (English), (3) The Indigenous Students Resource Office of NTNU, and (4) The Special Education Promotion Committee of NTNU.
- Existence of anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
Attached are (1) the website of Sexual Harassment Prevention of NTNU, (2) National Taiwan Normal University Sexual Discrimination Sexual Assault Sexual Harassment or Sexual Bullying Prevention and Treatment Measures, and (3) National Taiwan Normal University Sexual Harassment Prevention, Complaint, and Investigation.
- Do you an Anti-bribery and corruption policy?
Attached are (1) the website of Administrative Neutrality and Recusal of Public Servants Due to Conflicts of Interest (Chinese), and (2) the website of Administrative Neutrality and Recusal of Public Servants Due to Conflicts of Interest (English).
- Does your organisation support and facilitate a holistic ethical organisational culture?
- Our organisation develops clear ethical values (e.g., diversity, honesty, respect, fairness) and these are enshrined in a publicly available strategic document.
The University has developed clear ethical values including professional ethics and research ethics and these are enshrined in two publicly available strategic document — National Taiwan Normal University Faculty Professional Ethics Code (link 1), and Key Points of Implementation of Academic Ethics and Integrity Education in National Taiwan Normal University (link 2).
- Our university provides training based on those values at all levels of the organisation.
The Research Ethics Office is responsible for the training on research ethics and integrity education (link 1), and the Office of Human Resources takes care of the training on professional ethics (link 2).
- There is an office for ethical compliance within our institution, with a designated official with oversight on ethical matters across the institution.
The professional ethics and research ethics of NTNU have been taken care of by the Office of Human Resources and Research Ethics Office, respectively. Attached are (1) the website of the Research Ethics Office and (2) the website of the Office of Human Resources.
- Our organisation has an internal reporting system to assure the confidentiality of whistleblowers or a grievance procedure for staff concerning an employment matter.
NTNU has a grievance procedure for staff concerning an employment matter described in the National Taiwan Normal University Faculty Appeal Review Committee Organization and Review Points (link 1) and National Taiwan Normal University Staff Grievance Appraisal Committee Organization and Review Points (link 2).
- Does your institution publish their financial reports on an annual basis? If applicable, please tick as appropriate: Income、 Expenditure、 Borrowing、 Surplus
The Office of Accounting of NTNU issues the university financial report every year.
- Does your university’s governing body have student representation?
The NTNU university’s governing body is regulated to have student representation by the Measures for the establishment of the Standing Committee of the National Taiwan Normal University Academic Affairs Conference (link 1) and Method for the Selection of Delegates to the National Taiwan Normal University School Affairs Conference (link 2).